St. Mary's School Photos
St. Mary, Star of the Sea School, was established in 1926 on Minneford Avenue with classes held in the community hall attached to what is now the convent. In 1931 it expanded to include kindergarten through fifth grade and gradually grew to accommodate eight grades.
Unfortunately, the archdiocese of New York decided to close the school in 2013. Holy Rosary Pre-Kindergarten classes are held in the building, along with a basketball program.